What is AGEC?The AGEC is a block of 35-37 credit hours of lower division general education courses in a variety of subjects, including:
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Physical & Biological Sciences
- Arts & Humanities
Completing the AGEC provides transfer students with two important benefits:
- A completed AGEC transfers as a block to ASU, NAU, UA, or any Arizona public or tribal community college, without loss of credit.
- Completing the AGEC with a 2.5 GPA or better guarantees your admission to the universities.
The AGEC also gives students the opportunity to explore diverse subjects and obtain a well-rounded academic experience.
There are three types of AGEC blocks designed for different types of community college majors— AGEC A, B, and S.
- The AGEC-A is for liberal or fine arts majors. Example majors include English, Education, Dance, and Communication.
- The AGEC-B is for business majors. Example majors are Accounting, Marketing, Economics, and Finance.
- The AGEC-S is for majors that have more rigorous math and science requirements. Example majors include Biology, Chemistry, and Engineering.